- International Dyslexia Association (IDA) Fact Sheets
- Arizona Branch of the International Dyslexia Association
- Yale Center for Dyslexia & Creativity
- Understood for Learning & Attention Issues
- National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
- LD Online
- Florida Center for Reading Research (FCRR)
- Mothers Awareness on School-Aged Kids (MASK)
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
- Warning Signs of Language Disorders
Research & Published Articles
- Recent Discoveries from Research on Remedial Interventions for Children with Dyslexia (J. Torgesen, 2006)
- Early Identification and Interventions For Dyslexia: A Contemporary View (M. Snowling, 2013)
- Dyslexia-Sprecific Brain Activation Profile Becomes Normal Following Successful Remedial Training (Simos et al, 2002)
- Intensive Remedial Instruction for Children with Severe Reading Disabilities: Immediate and Long-term Outcomes From Two Instructional Approaches (2001)
- Preventing Reading Failure In Young Children With Phonological Processing Disabilities: Group and Individual Responses to Instruction (1999)
Books for Parents
- From ABC to ADHD: What Every Parent Should Know About Dyslexia edited by Dr. Eric Tridas
- Overcoming Dyslexia by Dr. Sally Shaywitz
- Sensory Secret: How to Jump Start Learning in Children by Catherine Chemin Schneider
- What is Dyslexia: A Book Explaining Dyslexia for Kids and Adults to Use Together by Alain Hultquist
- The Learning Brain –Lessons for Education by Sarah Jayne Blakemore and Uta Frith
- The Shut-Down Learner: Helping Your Academically Discouraged Child by Richard Selznick.
- The Dyslexic Advantage: Unlocking the Hidden Potential of the Dyslexic Brain by Dr. Brock Eide and Dr. Fernette Eide
- Helping Students Take Control of Everyday Executive Function by Paula Moraine
Books for Children
- The Don’t Give Up Kid & Learning Disabilities by Jeanne Gehert
- The Alphabet War: A Story about Dyslexia by Diane Burton Robb
- I Can’t Sit Still! Living With ADHA by Pam Pollack
- A Brand New Me! #17 by Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver
- My Name is Brian by Jeanne Betancourt
- Two Minute Drill: Mike Lupica’s Comeback Kids by Mike Lupica
Videos & Presentations
- What Is Dyslexia? A very helpful YouTube video explaining how the dyslexic brain is different.
- Oral Language Development: The Pathway to Literacy – This is a PowerPoint presented by Stacy Fretheim, Director of Speech-Language Services at the Wellington Alexander Center for the Arizona Branch of the International Dyslexia Association in 2009.
- The Big Picture: Rethinking Dyslexia – This is an HBO Documentary film created in 2012 and presented at the Sundance Film Festival.
- Overview of Dyslexia- A Wellington-Alexander Center PowerPoint presented at the 2006 International Dyslexia Association conference. Click here to view.
- How to Mix Oil and Water So that Nearly Everyone Learns to Read | Tim Conway | TEDxOcala